The Future Of Offshore | Profile
T: +44 (0)1481 705349
Lisa heads up a Family Office Team in Guernsey, managing offshore structures for ultra-high net worth families, focusing on the Middle East. Lisa works in partnership with clients’ family offices, providing a tailored support service focused on individual client needs. Lisa adds value by providing proactive strategic input to the clients’ family office deliberations, becoming a trusted adviser at the family office table.
She has particular expertise in Middle Eastern structures, with an essential understanding of Sharia Law and the devolution of Middle Eastern Estates in conjunction with complex trust and company structures. In addition, Lisa also specialises in dealing with luxury assets and exotic investments.
Lisa is involved in business development for the fiduciary business and the Guernsey office’s headline Corporate Social Responsibility initiative.
Born and educated in Guernsey and a Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), Lisa has worked in the trust industry since 1986. She joined Saffery Champness in 2010, having worked for a leading bank-owned international trust company.
Lisa’s accolades include being appointed as a presiding judge for the 2017-18 STEP Private Client Awards and has since become a Member of the Panel of Experts. Lisa also features in Legal Week’s 2019 Private Client Global Elite Directory – Trustees category; Eprivateclient 50 Most Influential 2020; Citywealth Powerwomen International Top 100 2019, Citywealth Leaders List Top 20 Trustee 2019 and Citywealth IFC Powerwomen Top 200 2018. Lisa has won the Silver Award at the Citywealth Powerwomen Awards 2017 for Woman of the Year Business Growth and the Bronze Award for Woman of the Year: Business Services at the 2018 Awards. She also won Trustee of the Year at the 2017 Citywealth Magic Circle Awards.
Furthermore Lisa also has contributed to several publications on family office and impact investing.
- Secured a Blessing from the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands for a Momentous Decision for the distribution of high value and complex trust assets under Shari’a Law to the setlor’s named heirs who formed part of a wider beneficial class of beneficiaries – AA v. BB & Colin Shaw (as amicus curiae).
- Trusteeship, administration, cash flow management, investment monitoring and reporting for a billion dollar structure for a prominent Middle Eastern family, housing commercial and residential property, property development interests, hotel operations, private assets and marketable investments.
- Structuring, acquisition, build, operation and sale of a private Boeing 747-800 and a €220 million+ super yacht.
- Refinance and restructure of €200 million+ European luxury apartment development and a €200 million+ European hotel development/operation.
- Structuring, development and operational management of a substantial £200 million+ UK private residence.
- Secured approval from the Grand Cayman Court for a Momentous Decision Blessing for the distribution of high value and complex trust assets in accordance with Shari’a Law.
Lisa’s interests include horse riding, travel, reading and spending time with her family.